gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » Gitane Decals
Gitane Decals 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:13 pm Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
The new foil Gitane stickers have appeared on Ebay...with special thanks to the folks from this website who helped create them. Good job to everyone for making all of this a reality. 8 Years ago, when I first started looking, it was impossible to find any Gitane decals...anywhere. I had to have one set designed and then one-off printed, which was time consuming and expensive.

Now, there are fully FOUR different sets to choose from:

(1) Early seventies foil...in three different variants
(2) Late seventies yellow or green
(3) 1978 variant (stars & boxes)
(4) early 1980's (bubble)

Outstanding! We really have to thank Greg at Cyclomondo for creating these decals. I plan on expanding the website in order to allow for easier access for Gitane fans to his decals.

By the way, I recently purchased and installed a set of the 1978 decals. They are truly first class - a GREAT product. I was VERY impressed by the detail and quality of the stickers/decals.

Anyhow, I would recommend that we support Greg in his endeavor, so that this resource stays available.

Here is a link to his store...for all of your decal needs!
http://stores.ebay.com/Cyclomondo

Unsolicited Testimonial 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quote
verktyg
Stephan,

I concur completely. I've purchased a number of different kinds of decals from Cyclomondo on eBay. Greg does a great job. They're usually better than the originals! Shocked He's easy to work with and provides fast shipping too. Wink

I've been waiting 35 years for these. We had stacks of the foil decals for the early 70s Gran Sport bikes and lots of the later green and yellow decals but these silver foil decals were NEVER available.

Note, I wanted 2 sets of these. When I bought the first set a minute or so later another listing popped up. Same thing second time around. I probably should have just bought one set and emailed Greg to invoice me for the second set but.... 35 years! Laughing

Chas. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quote
lynnef
I'm DYING here... Get the frame repainted? Ack.

Wonderful Work 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote
smilingroadrunner
I'm late to chime in, but as all can see Greg has done a wonderful job. I can't wait to see the final result in my hands---and on my Gitanes.

I fully agree Stephan, his skills and time have brought a great project to fruition and let's all continue to support Greg's products.

Get decals now! 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:52 am Reply with quote
verktyg
lynnef wrote:
I'm DYING here... Get the frame repainted? Ack.

Ride it for a while to see how you like it. If it says "paint me, I'm yours" then you know what to do.

Either way, get a set of these decals now. Never know when the supply might dry up. Crying or Very sad

Chas.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote
lynnef
I did order the decals - both the foils and the proper Reynolds 531 set. I'll let them age for awhile.

It occurred to me that I'd have to get the frame repainted and rechromed. I'm sure someone around here does that, but I need to slow down on throwing money at bicycles for awhile Very Happy Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote
the70sbike
I have purchased some 3TTT stem decals from Cyclomondo. They were of excellent quality, reasonably priced and shipped quickly.

These foil decals look very nice, and would definitely influence me to buy a frame that might need restoration. While some dislike the looks of the foil decals, I have always liked them.
Decals arrived today. 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:28 pm Reply with quote
verktyg
I received my reproduction Gitane foil decals from Cyclomondo today. They look really great.

I also got some of Greg's updated French Reynolds 531 decals and they look like this original decal on an old British bike:

The green 531 characters are much better looking than the dark green used on most other reproductions being sold.

I'm happy with the results.

Chas.
Gitane Decals 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane