gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » Laurent Fignon interview
Laurent Fignon interview 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:03 pm Reply with quote
nicolas
I went to the Tour de France's presentation last wednesday, hoping to get a few jerseys signed by Mr Fignon.

He wasn't there because he was being treated for his cancer. Here's what he said on the radio the next day :

"La première chimiothérapie que j'ai faite jusqu'à la fin du Tour de France a été totalement inefficace. Enfin, pas tout à fait : elle n'a pas fait régresser la maladie, mais elle l'a stabilisée. J'ai changé de protocole de chimio, j'en suis à ma sixième, ça se passe mieux. Je ne suis pas en rémission, mais ça régresse. Ça va un petit peu mieux, mais ce sera long encore (...) J'interdis aux médecins de me dire que je suis condamné. Si je le suis, il n'y a qu'eux qui le savent, parce que je ne veux pas le savoir, je n'y crois pas du tout. De toute façon, ça régresse. Les ganglions, qui étaient assez importants et assez gros, ont diminué de 17%, donc c'est sur la bonne voie. Et puis de toute façon, je trouve ça horrible de dire à des gens 'vous êtes condamné dans trois mois'. D'ailleurs je me bats pour qu'aucun médecin ne dise ça."

"the first chemotherapy I got till the end of the Tour was totally uneffective. Well, not totally, it did not pull back the disease, it just stopped its progression. I skipped protocols and I'm starting the 6th chemo and it's getting slightly better. There is still a long way to go (...) I've ordered the medical staff not to advise me if I'm condemned. If I am, they're the only ones in the know, I don't believe I am. Anyway, it's going away. The ganglions, they were quite large and they have decreased by 17%, it's going the right way. Anyway, I think it's horrible to tell someone "you're gonna die in 3 months". I'm actually fighting so that no docor tells me that."

I'd be so glad if he could make it.

www.greglemondfan.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote
nicolas
Link :

http://www.purepeople.com/article/laurent-fignon-j-interdis-aux-medecins-de-me-dire-que-je-suis-condamne_a42004/1

You can hear the audio if you want.

www.greglemondfan.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:10 pm Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
I hope he is right and he is winning. It would be such a loss. Thanks for the update. You get to go to all of the cool places, don't you!?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote
nicolas
Doing my best, sir !

Although, you should know I didn't go in, I didn't have clearance. I just smelled the vibes from the outside. I was hoping to get a glimpse of Hinault & Fignon but they weren't there !

www.greglemondfan.com
Laurent Fignon interview 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane