gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » ideas on value
ideas on value 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:42 pm Reply with quote
ek buchmann
found a chrome 1974 "super course?" full campy super. in a friends garage. What are these worth? its in good shape. bar end shifters and phil B.B.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:33 am Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
It is difficult to identify the bicycle from your brief description, and therefore hard to put a value on it. It sounds like it may be a bike with some cache...but again, without pictures or a much more precise description, it will be impossible to give you an estimate. Value depends so much on the condition, materials, size, and components on the bike.

Can't wait to see some pics!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:15 am Reply with quote
ek buchmann
i know i thought he called it a super course. he said in 74 it was $450. i told him the crankset will probably sell for that. every thing on it is campy super record, except a phil wood bottom bracket and suntour bar end shifters. even the pump umbrella. its dusty but looks like it could be mint in a day, with a baby diaper and some white lithium. ill see him in the next couple weeks and i think he'd be ok if i snapped a couple shots. i recognised it right away its real neat. i own a classic paramount tandem with a bunch of campy myself. thanks for the response

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:15 am Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
If it is first generation Campagnolo Super Record, then maybe. It is more likely Nuovo Record, and the cranksets (used) go for about $100-$150, depending on condition.

I would be very interested to see that bike. If it was top of the line in 1974 for Gitane, it would be the "Super Corsa" and would have come with (mostly) Campagnolo...save the brakes on a lot of models. Campagnolo brakes were hard to come by back then.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:55 pm Reply with quote
ek buchmann
it is a super corsa and the brakes are campy not sure if the cranks are super or nuvo. It may be a couple weeks before i see it again to take pictures. im not sure if he would want to sell it. but im sure he wonders what its worth. and im sure he'll let me post some pics. Theyll be up soon.
ideas on value 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane