gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » Craig's list add... What model is this? Goto page Previous  1, 2
Funny, I was just looking at your newer post and thinking... 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote
gmany
of how similar it was to the one I posted about.

So are you around Saint Louis or were you simply looking at the listings and had it shipped to you?

LOL 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Walter
I completely tore it down and serviced it...as it was really dirty and the grease was hard as a rock. It was bought in University city, right on the chesterfield side of the lou. I live near Columbia MO, and had a friend pick it up for me...not really even knowing what i was buying. This is my first bike as an adult, so I decided to just buy something and figure out what I didn't like about it and keep moving up...as I found what I really wanted. So far, I'm really happy with it. It's a little twitchy and has a lot less trail than most older bikes I've looked at...But, not nearly to the extent of a new racing bike. The odds of me coming to this site after buying the same bike you posted about is crazy...it just proves how small the world is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:26 pm Reply with quote
verktyg
Walter,

The Interclub was Gitane's amateur racing model. Most of the European bikes makers of note had one of these models.

These were the kinds of bikes that riders like Hinault and Fignon would have started on when the were young teenagers. They also were popular with many other riders because of their "sporting" ride. These were folks who couldn't afford an all pro equipped bike.

A number of Forum members have Interclubs and they still love them. I had a few Interclubs myself. One of my old girlfriends still has my last Interclub.

Because of the size frame, many smaller bikes tend to handle like wheelbarrows. The geometry on yours looks more reasonable.

Enjoy!

1984 Criterium
1969 TdF
1971 TdF
1974 TdF
1984 TdF x 2 Bikes
1970 SC
1971 SC
1972 SC
1984 SC
1984 Team Pro
1985 Professional