gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » This forum, and it's people are great
This forum, and it's people are great 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quote
scozim
I just wanted to thank everyone here for making my journey with classic/vintage Gitane bicycles such a pleasure. The knowledge provided is excellent as is the humor.

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Verktyg (Chas to all of us) a couple of days ago on my road trip to Los Angeles. His knowledge is rich and valuable. We were able to take a 15 mile or so bicycle ride around the Oakland, CA area and had a great time talking about his past with bicycles and our love of cycling.

Thanks everyone.

Plus many more
http://eburgcycling.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Wisey
Crikey mate! Shocked We usually don't go and get all mushy like that until Xmas and New Years Razz . It's almost July pal. Time to get all fired up and opinionated Mad about who will win the Tour, who will get chucked out for doping Evil or Very Mad , who will get chucked out because ASO just doesn't like them Twisted Evil , and which known dopers won't get caught, won't get chucked out, and will win the Tour anyway Rolling Eyes . It's the time to be irrationally patriotic about some muppet who has no chance to win the Tour, but you'll bet the house on him anyway Confused . It's the time to pick a new hero because you happen to like the brand of bike that his team is paid to ride Rolling Eyes . If you're here in Oz, then you are going to be up all night watching the race before catching 2 hours sleep Sad on the couch before downing a strong coffee Shocked and heading in to work. For the rest of you, you'll be constantly looking over your shoulder at work so that you don't get caught by the boss Embarassed watching the race on your computer.

However, your comments are greatly appreciated, and I agree. It's a great place to hang out Cool .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:11 am Reply with quote
scozim
Wisey,
I know mushy, mushy - I'll stop now.

The Tour will be fun to follow. Secretly, I'm cheering for Tyler Farrar to knock off Cavendish again. Tyler grew up only 75 minutes from where I live. His dad was hit head on by a car last fall while riding to work and is now paralyzed, so we're cheering for the local guy.

Scott

Plus many more
http://eburgcycling.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Wisey
Hey Scott, please don't feel you need to stop being mushy. I'm just playing aroiund with ya'all.

Re: the Tour. I'm really disapointed that Simon Gerrans has been left off the Cervelo team. It seems Carlos wanted some of his Spanish buddies alnong. Simon has been hot this year. Oh well.

That's sad to news about Tyler's dad. We'll cheer for Tyler over here too, 'cause we don't like Cavendish much. Who would have thought there would be a young fella that fast AND with a mouth bigger than Robbie McEwen?
This forum, and it's people are great 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane