gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » The Evil that Fixie Fans Do....
The Evil that Fixie Fans Do.... 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
I am not against the "fixie" craze (as if it would make a difference if I was!). I think it is going to mean a whole lot of great bikes which will be available for cheap in the next decade or so.

However, when I see something like this, it shows that there is a dark side to the entire fad:

German Ebay, Article Number 120446213920

http://cgi.ebay.de/Singlespeed-80er-Jahre-Vintage-Gitane-Raritaet_W0QQitemZ120446213920QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSport_Radsport_Fahrr%C3%A4der?hash=item1c0b275f20&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1229%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Oh the humanity!

"I am not against the "fixie" craze " we 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote
verktyg
sandranian wrote:
I am not against the "fixie" craze (as if it would make a difference if I was!). I think it is going to mean a whole lot of great bikes which will be available for cheap in the next decade or so.

Yes, we'll have to go Dumpster Diving in a year or two when the fixie fad is over.... That's where most of them will end up after graduation! Rolling Eyes

sandranian wrote:
However, when I see something like this, it shows that there is a dark side to the entire fad:

German Ebay, Article Number 120446213920

"Oh, the horror...the horror"

Neuter the bike, neuter the rider.... Where's my pinking shears! Twisted Evil

On Saturday as I was coming in from a ride 3 young candidates for the Darwin Award passed by me on new (extremely over priced) fixies with no brakes and no helmets.

They were riding down the middle of a busy street with their front wheels 1-3 feet off the ground and the front wheels turned at 90° oblivious to traffic. If they had to stop in a hurry, they would probably be thrown to the ground.

In a lot of hospitals making the morning medical rounds on the neurology ward is called "watering the vegetables" Embarassed

Chas. Spay and Neuter Clinic Evil or Very Mad
The Evil that Fixie Fans Do.... 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane