gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » C.A.'s '86 Performance: Test of Post.image.com
C.A.'s '86 Performance: Test of Post.image.com 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quote
smilingroadrunner
This is still a problem for me, just curious if any other members have difficulty in posting images.

Really would like to put up some images of the '86 Performance but for the last month I have not been able to get the postimage process to work, and have not received an answer from that site despite about 8 requests.

It is obvious that the site is working for a lot of forum members, and it worked for me in the past (the most recent post to forum in which I included photo images that it did seem to work was this past April 16th). However my attempts through the month of August and again today have failed to create the link.

I assume this may be more of a problem with some setting on my computer now, just not sure what I would need to check for as far at setting or parameters that may be interfering with the postimage process.

( the image link or Thumbnail image was suppose to be here )

any ideas from the forum computer geeks as to what I might check for???

I like Steel !!!!----just wish I could show members the examples

Last edited by smilingroadrunner on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote
greyhundguy
C.A.
Try logging in with a different Browser to see if it works, if you have one.
You can download a new version of Google Chrome for free if not. I use it on occasion. Basic and quick.

Jay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote
greyhundguy
1961 Gitane

Jay

Last edited by greyhundguy on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:34 pm Reply with quote
smilingroadrunner
Thanks Jay, I'm loading some images onto my laptop to try that option, and probably will load a different browser onto the desktop.

C.A.

Edit to this post after installing firefox on the desktop computer.

Using Firefox browser:

Hey, Hey, It looks like it works, I'll be back with more images ---Just wish I new why IE explorer browser on this desktop quit working with the postimage.org process.

Thanks again Jay for the suggestion !!! Also, Just Curious----is this '64 Gitane part of your stable ??----what a great looking old ride !!!

C.A.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote
greyhundguy
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! C.A. is back with photos!

The '61 is a Classic that I believe resides in England. Stephan may remember the story. I don't at the moment.

Jay

Last edited by greyhundguy on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quote
greyhundguy
C.A.
I grew up with Netscape and graduated to Firefox. Never liked all the early bugs in IE. Guess you had what I call the "Bill Gates Effect" when something goes wrong. Google Chrome is my secondary. IE, a last resort.

Jay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quote
greyhundguy
C.A.
I found it! Here's the info on the 60's Gitane in the photo...

http://www.universalcyclecentre.co.uk/Tsimpson.htm

Jay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:17 pm Reply with quote
smilingroadrunner
One of the best things about this recent purchase, My 22yr old son has started riding more frequently with this "Old Fart" Wink Of all the bikes I've reburbished the last 2 years this was the first one that was pretty much ride worthy when I received it (just added some pedals and mild cleaning tune-up). And although we're working on refurbishing the White '72 TdeF frame for him; (probably will have a 'Denver Bronco' color scheme if he gets his wish) we've been giving the '87 Victoire and this '86 Performance a workout.

The 2nd best thing is that my average speed on our rides, along with avg / max heart rates have increased in a very positive way over the summer. The majority of my rides are usually solo, so it's been great to have this rabbit to chase. (actually he's kind and patiently waits for me at the top of the climbs that he's sprinted up) Embarassed Reminds me of the early 1980's when my spouse would motor pace me on her 'Yamahopper Moped'Very Happy

I think I may have mentioned in an earlier post in August that my hope to refurbish this Gitane has temporarily been delayed as we are having too much fun riding it. Lots of substituted components from the original specs, so I plan on taking some liberty in the components when I clean it up this fall.

I Like Steel !!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote
greyhundguy
C.A.
Might be nice to post the photos with your components list in the "Owner Gallery" so it doesn't get lost in all the "Vintage" comments.

Jay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quote
smilingroadrunner
Actually, I really need to do that with several of the bikes in the basement. Projects that I've worked on and future ones on the sidelines.

Just really excited to get the image posting process to work with the 2nd browser.

C.A.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Wisey
SWEEEEEEEEEET! 80s gitanes are the best! They get the best cheesy rating of all gitanes Rolling Eyes . But where is the lovely yellow Mundalita saddle????? Wink Terrible to ride, but looks cool. Razz I notice you put some new derailleurs on there. I guess you really wanted some gears that "work", eh?

Delta Dreamin'
A Yellow Saddle 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quote
smilingroadrunner
G'day Wisey,

You know this is a bike from Ebay that you commented on earlier this summer. I've just enjoyed the way the Vitus tubing--or frame layout---or just 'Gitane Magic' ; but the "Ride" of the '87 Victoire and it's handling was so impressive in my judgement, that I threw a bid at the '86 Performance. It is a slightly larger frame than the '87 so it is a better fit for me. I believe it was built from Columbus Aelle tubeset. I'm not familiar with Columbus tubing or possibly how a frameset from that product would compare in "feel" to Reynolds or Vitus. All I know is that I really like the feel of this frame also Cool ---when I can get it away from Ross. Wink

The Shimano 105 derailleurs were on the bike when I received it. It still has the Maillard Helicomatic rear hub, Nervar Crankset, --brakeset possibly switched to Modolo, a Poggio ??? saddle.

It will come back this fall with Yellow Benoto Bar tape and although not the original San Marco or Selle Saddle. I have a Yellow Selle Italia Gel- Flow Flite saddle (same as the '87 Victoire below) seems to work well for my sit bones and my son will just have to deal with it. Razz Anyhow by then I hope to have the '72 TdeF frame set up for him also.

I'll be right back --I forgot, have to change browser to get this image in here.

OK, still at least it works now with Firefox,

So hopefully it will look more like the catalog image in the near future.

I Like Steel !!!!
Re: A Yellow Saddle 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quote
greyhundguy
smilingroadrunner wrote:

I'll be right back --I forgot, have to change browser to get this image in here.

OK, still at least it works now with Firefox,

I Like Steel !!!!

C.A.,
Glad you are back with photos & humor, even if it is a pain in the Buttocks.

Jay

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane