gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » buyer beware
buyer beware 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:02 am Reply with quote
lofter
i bought a gitane mini penny farthing on german ebay last month . it was a pickup only .i asked if the seller would ship to the us . seller came back with too many custom forms . i came back and asked if i could find someone to ship it would that be ok and she responded if i can find a person to do it she would take it there. so after getting that email i went ahead and put 400 euro on it . it only got up to 200 euro so i won it . the seller wanted a bank transfer . so i did it . 250 euro 200 for the bike and 50 to take it to a bike shop. suicycle in hamburg .since payment emails are few and the seller has not been very helpful . ive opened a ebay resolution today. ive had enough. i hope to get my money back but im not expecting it . with all this said , if this bike comes back up on german ebay , i would be very careful at atttempting to buy it . just a heads up on it incase someone in germany thinks of buying it . after this ive learnt a lesson , not to take people on ebay at there word. be very careful of people wanting bank transfers . as you probably have no recourse of action . this has been a horrible expierence, oh and the sellers id is claudsch12. anybody have any other horror stories. 166 purchases from us, france uk, belgium and not one problem grrrrrrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote
lofter
Lmao after trying to work things out I realize I'm dealing with a kid. Seriously!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
dr octagon
Oh man! Did you get it resolved. Ebay + Bikes is like walking a minefield..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote
auchencrow
Oh wow. If you did a bank transfer you can kiss that $ goodbye.
If you deal through eBay's regular channels (i.e. Paypal) you'll nearly always prevail over a deadbeat seller. In fact, with eBay's policies, the cards are so stacked against ANY seller that a buyer almost can't loose.
Thankfully MOST people are straight shooters.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:23 am Reply with quote
lofter
after some name calling and me opening up a case we have settled down and actually have things working out . i had to call suicycle to make sure everything was cool . let me say this , jan is a real cool dude . really laid back . and actually so is the seller now that cooler heads have prevailed . bike is supposed to be taken to the shop maybe today , definately sat . and i should be ashamed of myself for painting all people on ebay with such a broad brush. there are deadbeats , but there are alot of good folkstoo. my emotions got the better of me .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Kinst VonSterga
lofter wrote:
after some name calling and me opening up a case we have settled down and actually have things working out . i had to call suicycle to make sure everything was cool . let me say this , jan is a real cool dude . really laid back . and actually so is the seller now that cooler heads have prevailed . bike is supposed to be taken to the shop maybe today , definately sat . and i should be ashamed of myself for painting all people on ebay with such a broad brush. there are deadbeats , but there are alot of good folkstoo. my emotions got the better of me .

Like this one? http://www.flickr.com/photos/47807201@N00/4556317545/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:37 am Reply with quote
lofter
exactly just like it , exept for the seat . i tried to track that one down too . with no luck . but i just got a email and the bike has made it to the bike shop in hamburg , wooooooooooohooooo Laughing might be able to ride it in the local st pats parade next sat.
buyer beware 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane