gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » I guess it's time to sell my TDF
I guess it's time to sell my TDF 
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:19 am Reply with quote
BrianU
As another post of mine mentions, I've been a Gitane owner for the past 50 years. In 1973 I bought my second Gitane, a 1973 TDF. I bought it new from Wheel Goods in Minneapolis and have kept it in great shape for 40 years. Now, however, I've developed severe arthritis which makes it virtually impossible for me to ride. As a result, I've very reluctantly decided that it's time to part with my bike.

The bike is mostly original. I did replace the Simplex derailleur with an all metal Suntour. I also replaced the original leather seat with something a bit more comfortable, but you can have your choice of the two.

My other post includes quite a few photos, so I'll only add a couple here. I'll be happy to send you high-res images on request.

The hard part, of course, is knowing what to ask for it. Because of its original condition, I'm going to ask $750. The bike is located in Northern Nevada (near Reno) but we might be able to work out something for a west coast buyer--otherwise you'll need to consider shipping costs.

Brian

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:35 am Reply with quote
BrianU
I forgot to mention that this is a very large frame--25" (63 or 64 CM).

Also, as I mentioned, it's really hard to know how to price this bike. I would consider offers.

Brian
I guess it's time to sell my TDF 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane