gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » Royal Asport (Gitane) TdF on eBay
Royal Asport (Gitane) TdF on eBay 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:18 am Reply with quote
verktyg
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330176341758&fromMakeTrack=true

There's an early 70s Royal Asport Tour de France on eBay. It's a TdF that someone has upgraded with better dérailleurs, bars, stem, saddle and seat post. they also switched the sewups to 27" clinchers with early welded Weinmann rims.

I saw a Royal Asport Gran Sport once about 1974 and I've seen a few Gitane replacement forks with that logo but never one of the better models. I suspect that Royal Asports may have been private labeled bikes.

Chas.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quote
verktyg
I spoke with someone at Mel Pinto's today about Royal Asport bikes. He said that they had imported a few of them, all low end models below the Grand Sport Deluxe.

He also said that Gitane took over 3 or 4 other small French builders like Royal Asport and they sold Gitane bikes with the other labels too.

Chas.
Royal Asport Professional Super Corsa 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Robert Lewis

I found this Royal Asport Professional Super Corsa Saturday while me and my wife were at the as-is part of the Good Will. The guy sold me the bike for 5.00 dollars and all I need do is replace the tires which are Continental 700's on Mavic m2 rims Campy Record lug's. All parts are Campy except the brakes and they are Mafac 2000's, the seat is an Ideale 90 B.
Tell me what you think of my find, Icant wait to restore it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:45 am Reply with quote
verktyg
It certainly beats the heck out of my 2 recent finds, a late 60s Tour de France and a 1967 Peugeot PX-10.

I wouldn't do anything more than a tuneup and a good cleaning. If the tires aren't frayed or coming apart they should be good for a while longer.

Chas.
Royal Asport (Gitane) TdF on eBay 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane