gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » to all who
to all who 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:20 am Reply with quote
lofter
might be interested on what happened with the delta, i was hoping to land the delta track bike that was up on ebay . i first went in august to view this bike after a guy emailed stephan and inquired as to what it was . stephan emailed me and i drove up to check it out . i identified it as a delta track bike. i then offered them 1500 dollars for it . this bike is part of a estate settlement deal.

the fellow took my offer to the family and came back saying that one of the sons wanted to keep it . fast forward to december. i sent a email asking if the son ever took pocession of the bike and i was still interested if he hadnt. he told me to sit tight and he might know something relating to it in a few weeks. he gets back to me and says they are indeed going to sell it but want like 10,000 for it. i kinda chuckled.i told him id maybe goes as high as $2000. he said they would run it on ebay with like a 5000 reserve. again i chuckled and wished him good luck , maybe he could hit what they call the ebay jackpot.

well it ran this week and i waited to put the original 1500 dollar offer on
the board. someone came over the top of me , so i came back with a 1800 dollar bid. and let it rest at that .it ended at 1825.00. right about where i predicted it would. so unfortunately i didnt get my hands on it . they said the son will probably keep it now. i think the family thinks the have this golden gem on there hands and over estimate the value of it. it was at one time a show bike back in the day. they listed that it might have been a world championship won on it , but i looked in the books in the time era of this bike and found no such references.jeannie longo was the closet i could get to someone who might have won something with a bike of this kind.

thanks to everybody who pm'd me about it , but this is just a not to be thing i guess. maybe another road tt delta will come along someday. i can now turn my attention to finishing my other gitanes and have all them on the road. plus ive been thinking about buying a 86 slx team pro , but its a little high on the price but a mint bike ,so i have been pondering over it now that the delta is gone. so theres the story just in case you guys have been wondering whats been up.
A fool and his money are soon parted.. The opposite is worse 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quote
verktyg
Lofter, the sad thing is that this bike will probably languish away in someone's garage or basement until "the wife" says "Get rid of THAT thing" and it gets sold in a yard sale for $10 bucks! Crying or Very sad

Maybe it will show up on Antique Roadshow in 10 years or so! Shocked

Chas.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:04 pm Reply with quote
sandranian
Site Admin
Bummer that it doesn't come to one of us...but that bike carries with it the "bad vibes" of the seller!

to all who 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane