gitaneusa.com Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane » 1985 TDF value
1985 TDF value 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:01 am Reply with quote
scozim
I've run across a 1985 Tour de France (might actually be a 1984 - same decals as my sprint) that was converted to a single speed ut the owner has all the original components. Ideas on what you think this might be worth? The owner says the paint has a bunch of chips on it.

Thanks

Plus many more
http://eburgcycling.blogspot.com
TdF Value 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:08 pm Reply with quote
verktyg
At the end of last year I bought an almost new 1984 Tour de France off eBay for $300 + shipping.

It had been previously listed and I bid ~ $575 USD but lost out to another bidder for $0.01! Mad

I contacted the seller when he re-listed the bike to find out why I wasn't contacted as the 2nd highest bidder. He gave me some cock and bull story about the high bidder not being qualified for PayPal. Anyway, I was the only bidder for the bike on the 2nd listing. I offered him my original bid price but he wasn't interested in making me a deal - his loss! Razz

The seller kept dragging his feet with all kinds of lame excuses for not shipping the bike. It over a month before he shipped it and he did a crappy job of packing the bike.

To answer your question, anywhere between $300 and $600 depending on condition.

Figure on replacing the front and rear derailleurs and shift levers. The original Ofmega derailleurs where made of a plastic that didn't last very long (unlike the Delrin used in Simplex derailluers that has survived 30-35 years).

Good luck,

Chas.
1985 TDF value 
  gitaneusa.com Forum Index » Vintage Gitane